National Awards 2018
Below is a reminder that nominations for National Awards are July 26. I encourage you to read these descriptions and nominate someone you feel has made outstanding contributions to the field of environmental public health!
If you have any questions let us know.
Re: Canadian Institute of Public Health Inspectors Awards 2018
The Awards Committee of the National Executive Council of the Canadian Institute of Public Health Inspectors (CIPHI) would like to take this opportunity to remind you of the deadline for National Award nominations. For those interested in submitting a nomination, please ensure that the required information for the particular award is forwarded to the National Office by July 26, 2018.
Each year CIPHI recognizes individuals and organizations for their outstanding contributions to the field of environmental public health and/or to the Institute. Awards are presented to individuals and agencies that have been deemed to have made a significant contribution(s) to the professional association, the field of environmental public health and/or to the betterment of public health in general. Listed below are the awards and the general selection criteria. For detailed criteria and nomination forms, visit the National website at http://www.ciphi.ca/wp-content/uploads/2018/06/Awards-2018-Nomination-Form.pdf
Alex Cross Award
This award is issued to a member for displaying the highest standards of professional practice during the past year.
- Significant contribution to the advancement of the association, the field of environmental health and/or the community;
- Promotion of the professional standards of the Canadian Institute of Public Health Inspectors;
- Exemplary leadership in dealing with a critical issue affecting environmental health or public health.
Alexander Officer Award
This award is issued to an organization or agency for outstanding and meritorious achievements in the field of public or environmental health.
- Achievement of meritorious and outstanding performance for either a specific project or over a prescribed period of time;
- Innovation and excellence in program development and/or management;
- Leadership and development of community participation in environmental health programs;
- Leadership and innovation in planning, prioritization and management of environmental health concerns using risk management evaluations, such as prioritization of program activities with limited manpower and resources.
Environmental Health Review Award
This award is issued to a member, non-member, individual or organization for excellence in presenting an environmental health issue or topic to the public.
- Leadership in effective utilization of communication to bring an issue of environmental health or public health significance to public attention and consideration;
- Published works dealing with an issue of environmental health or public health significance;
- Innovative use of communication tools to enhance the association or the field of environmental health.
This award is issued to a former member of the National Executive Council, Board of Certification, Council of Professional Experience or Environmental Health Foundation of Canada, who has demonstrated outstanding service and commitment to the Canadian Institute of Public Health Inspectors while in office.
This award is issued to a person who is not eligible for Regular, Retired or Life membership in the Canadian Institute of Public Health Inspectors, for outstanding support, contribution or service to the association or Public Health Inspectors in Canada in general.
This award is issued to a member of the Canadian Institute of Public Health Inspectors for outstanding service to the Institute, to his or her profession and/or to his or her community over an extended period of time.
Recognition of 50 Year Members
Being a member of any organization for 50 years is most certainly an achievement but most certainly an important milestone that should be recognized. For those who have done so with the Canadian Institute of Public Health Inspectors across Canada they not only are expressing their support for their profession but are also expressing their dedication to the Institute. Recognizing the importance of these members and their contributions to the Institute over the years is more than well deserved.
If a member should require clarification on any award, please contact the Awards Committee Chair directly at firstname.lastname@example.org
Chair- CIPHI National Awards Committee